This is my holy grail list that would get me through the apocalypse.
The sh*t I need to look like I do and feel as human as possible on a daily basis, is 7-fold. 7 holy-grail, don’t-you-even-think-about-discontinuing-it, products that I will buy over and over, forever and ever (and even sometimes make backup purchases when I’m feeling mega flush). Here we go:
1. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish – other cleansers come and go, but this one has had a firm spot on my bathroom shelf since I started wearing makeup. It’s been passed down from my grandma who bought it when it first started in all its pink packaging, down to my Mum, who bought me my first bottle to make sure I took it all off at night, to me. I love it all in its comforting, creamy goodness and I’m too scared to change to anything else.
2. Nars Sheer Glow – I’ve been known to be a bit of a foundation floozy. Next to skincare, it’s one of my favourite products to experiment with, but over the past two years, all I’ve used is the Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab. It has solid staying power, gives good coverage, easy to blend, and feels like the most “true” shade for me out of everything else I’ve tried. My only pain point is the no pump sitch. Come on Nars, just give us a god damn pump.
3. Oilatum Natural Repair moisturiser – I love to slather this stuff on my winter skin with a couple of drops of Trilogy’s rosehip oil mixed in, then in the summer I’ll just go solo with this stuff because it’s such a beaut. I first discovered it from my Mum (once again, she’s a skincare queen), and the Pixiwoo girls, and I don’t even bother trying any others. It’s no frills, has minimal fragrance, sinks in ASAP and is perfect for sensitive skin. No fuss, maximum gains.
4. Rimmel Glam Eyes liquid liner – I’ve got an emotional attachment to my daily cat-eye flick, so my go-to since I was 16 has been Rimmel’s Glam Eyes liquid liner. The super flexible brush means flicks are a piece of cake, and anything else I try feels like writing with my left hand.
5. MAC Studio Finish Concealer – this stuff is what I like to call the eyebag eraser, no competitors in sight. I have pretty dark circles and hate how dark they look without this stuff. If you’ve got dry skin though just remember to use a good eye cream underneath this as it’s in pot form and not as liquid-y. But yes, stuff of dreams.
6. Benefit Hoola Bronzer – it’s no secret that Hoola is one of Benefit’s bestsellers, and a tried-and-true favourite among beauty editors and bloggers. And with good reason. It’s a shade that suits so many skintones, and I love to use it as a fake contour in the shape of “3” (because I pretend I know how to contour when I really don’t).
7. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream – *deep breath* I feel like I’ve saved the best ‘til last. This is just the ultimate lip balm/dry skin saviour/miracle worker. I’m currently squeezing the very last remnants out of my tube of this, panicking that one of these days I’m going to get to the end and have dry skin forever. Literally, NOTHING works as well as this on my dry, chapped lips. If someone could remind me on Twitter to buy a new tube that would be ace.
Your beauty products that you buy over and over again? GO!